Surveillance – as part of Under Cover O.I.C (Operational Intelligence Collection)
• Surveillance is an important tool when carrying out intelligence collection operations.
• Important information that cannot be collected is revealed when using surveillance. Information about the enemy's ways of action, connections and information necessary for incrimination/arrest.
• In addition to the above, surveillance is the main tool for training special units in under cover intelligence collection. A person who is trained in surveillance has actively implemented the intelligence way of thinking, and teaching a person as such becomes much easier.
AFIK's Surveillance Course
AFIK's surveillance course is mostly a practical course.
It takes the participants through actual training alongside with theoretical material, the practice itself being 80% of the course.
AFIK's surveillance course can be brought to different levels of expertise and depths, therefore the timeframes may vary. Generally speaking – the duration of a course would be between 2 to 4 weeks.
AFIK's Surveillance Course – main subjects
• Building cover stories for clandestine activity.
• Using cover stories in operational activity.
• Planning and using under cover observation spots of different kinds:
o Random spots.
o Pre-planned deep under cover spots.
o Using equipment for distanced observation targets.
• One on one pedestrian surveillance.
• Team pedestrian surveillance.
• One on one car surveillance .
• Team car surveillance.
• Motorcycles surveillance.
• Using surveillance aircrafts during operations.
• Using hidden camera equipment during surveillance activity.
• Identification of an object by a picture.
• Other subjects according to needs.